“Integrated Management Systems Requirements” is a competency-based 3-day training program that focuses on the ability of an organization to consistently provide products and services that meet or exceed customer and applicable statutory/regulatory requirements; and improve customer satisfaction, to enhance its OHS and environmental performance by achieving its intended outcome, and overall business performance. The use of organizational context and the needs/expectations of interested parties are explained as the basis for designing the Integrated Management System and its processes. The course empowers participants with the understanding of the use of process approach combined with risk-based thinking to manage organizational risks and opportunities.
Participants are introduced to the purpose of quality principles in the context of their interaction and relationship with the ISO 9001:2015 Standards and provided with the understanding and intent of requirements of the ISO 9001/45001/14001 Standards through the use of real-life examples applied to product or services that it can control or influence. Participants are actively engaged in demonstrating the identification of applicable sub-clauses of ISO 9001/45001/14001 Standards through practical and user-friendly case studies as well as evaluating the conformance to various requirements of the ISO 9001 Standard using product and service-related scenarios. For the sake of conformance to ISO 14001, a life cycle perspective is used with respect to products and services.
- Adopt a process approach for IMS through process models and mapping
- Understand how the organization considers risks and actions appropriately taken when risk is identified using a relevant methodology and criteria.
- Identify various sub-clauses of the ISO 9001:2015/ISO 14001:2015/ISO 45001:2018 applicable to various product and service-related business
- The intended outcome and requirement of each clause of IMS relevant to customers, environmental protection and OHS protection
- Understand how IMS planning, policy, objectives and processes are implemented according to the three standards.
- Assess that IMS terminology and sector specific terminology is correctly used.
- Learn the boundaries within an IMS.
- Learn the boundaries between IMS conformance and legal compliance;
- Determine that relevant external and internal issues related to the purpose and strategic direction of the organization are addressed, monitored, and reviewed.
- Understand how the needs and expectations of interested parties are determined, monitored, and reviewed relevant to the IMS.
- Understand the relationship between legal compliance and IMS conformity and determine that it is demonstrated in the context of an audit in the given business/industry sector
- Understand how top management demonstrates leadership and commitment to IMS.
- Understand the control processes (including external providers) needed to meet product/service requirements including the establishment of criteria/acceptance, determination of resource needs, process controls, appropriate documented information, with changes controlled.
- Understand how internal and external communication is determined, including what, when, with whom, and how communication occurs and who performs the communication
- Understand the documentation required by three standards and analyse the relationships among various IMS documents.
- Identify evidence required for auditing various sub-clauses including the IMS and operational effectiveness
- Analyze the effectiveness of the entire quality management system, including the process approach and risk-based thinking used to develop, implement and improve the effectiveness of the management system, customer focus and improvement.
- Evaluate the operational effectiveness of the entire IMS, including the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) process approach, continual monitoring and improvement activities.
- Analyze how compliance obligations of the organizations ability to fulfil those obligations are incorporated into the aspect analysis and environmental impact methodologies.
- Understand the inter-relationship between the IMS hierarchy and the corporate organizational structure.
- Understand possible barriers to the effective implementation of the IMS.
- Understand how appropriate verification procedures must be in place to establish the currency, relevance, and effectiveness of the IMS.
- Evaluate evidence and formulate non-conformance reports;
- Understand the importance of the adequacy of the IMS in preventing, reducing, or eliminating customer issues, significant environmental impacts and OHS hazards
Participants not deemed competent are issued Certificates of Attendance and given the opportunity to retake the mandatory competencies previously missed.
- This is an instructor led course where instructor covers a bulk of course via zoom interaction using a adobe course slides and exercises.
- A student manual is provided which can be either downloaded or printed by students at the beginning of the course for taking notes during the class.
- It is of vital importance that all students follow the instructor using adobe slides because the slides are the best source for understanding the interpretation of the ISO standards.
- The course is made up of various lessons. Each lesson is made up of various sub-clauses. Each sub-clause must be clicked for access before proceeding to next lesson.
- Every effort will be made during the class that each student is capable of completing the exercises within a lesson before moving on to the next lesson
- The student`s responses to exercises will be saved by the system and students will save these responses onto their individual devices, for reference during the examinations. In addition students should print the student manual before the beginning of the course so they can manually complete the exercises on the printouts in the class that is being facilitated by the trainer.
System EMS Requirements:
- A computer running windows 8 or windows 10 or macOS X with macOS 10.9 or later.
- Windows (Internet browsers): Edge 12+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Mac (Internet browsers): Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers, a microphone and webcam (required for Zoom or Microsoft Teams usage and for examination)