3 Day RC 14001:2015 Internal Auditing
The auditing approach can be applied for internal auditing, supplier auditing, customer-initiated auditing and accreditation/certification auditing as an auditor. This course covers competencies FS (2 day food safety management system requirements) and AU (1 day auditing) that can be taken consecutively or simultaneously.
Please refer to the learning objectives defined in the RC 14001 module, (2 day course) PLUS the following:
- Understand the intent and application of auditing-related terminologies and terms;
- Learn principles of auditing and their importance in the auditing profession;
- Understand how to establish audit objectives/scope and criteria in various business/industry sectors;
- Understand the role of and how to conduct effective documentation review and develop an individual/overall risk-based audit plan/schedule;
- Grasp how to prepare a concise, effective and value-added audit checklists;
- Learn the purpose, value and methodology of effective opening and closing meetings as well as on-going communication during an audit;
- Understand both sources of and how to collect verifiable audit evidence through interviews, observations, document/records review and other methods using effective/relevant skills, confidentiality matters, appropriate personal behaviour, risk based approach, appropriate cultural/social/language skills and proper sampling techniques;
- Evaluate audit evidence to generate and document findings and conclusions of conformance and non-conformance for a specific audit scenario to be included in an audit report by the team leader;
- Understand the process of follow-ups to address findings of non-conformance; and,
- Understand compliance with various applicable regulations, legal requirements and industry codes of practice in relation with management system conformance.
The participants receive a package that consists of the RC module, subject matter related to the learning objectives defined above, scenarios and case studies and useful/value-added reference materials.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Anyone entering an OHS management-related career OHS Managers,
- Coordinators and Consultants Senior Management personnel who direct and control organizations
- Human Resources/Training professionals
- Engineers, Technicians and Technologists
- Supervisors, Foremen and Lead Hands
- Laboratory, Testing and Inspection professionals
- Reliability Engineers and Statisticians Anyone seeking advanced knowledge of the RC 14001:2015
- Standard Auditors seeking accreditation to become external auditors employed by registrars
- Internal auditors seeking to advance their knowledge of the RC module
A preliminary knowledge of the RC 14001:2015 is highly recommended prior to taking this course. This could be achieved either by reviewing the ISO 45001:2018 Standard on their own or by taking JSA Inc`s “Introduction to the RC 14001:2015″ course.
Participants who successfully demonstrate competence during this course will receive a Certificate of Attainment covering the following Exemplar Global knowledge competency units:
- Exemplar Global – QM: Quality Management Systems
- Exemplar Global – AU: Management Systems Auditing
Participants not deemed competent are issued Certificates of Attendance and provided the opportunity to retake the mandatory competencies previously missed.
- This is an instructor led course where instructor covers a bulk of course via zoom interaction using a adobe course slides and exercises.
- A student manual is provided which can be either downloaded or printed by students at the beginning of the course for taking notes during the class.
- It is of vital importance that all students follow the instructor using adobe slides because the slides are the best source for understanding the interpretation of the ISO standards.
- The course is made up of various lessons. Each lesson is made up of various sub-clauses. Each sub-clause must be clicked for access before proceeding to next lesson.
- Every effort will be made during the class that each student is capable of completing the exercises within a lesson before moving on to the next lesson
- The student`s responses to exercises will be saved by the system and students will save these responses onto their individual devices, for reference during the examinations. In addition students should print the student manual before the beginning of the course so they can manually complete the exercises on the printouts in the class that is being facilitated by the trainer.
- A computer running windows 8 or windows 10 or macOS X with macOS 10.9 or later.
- Windows (Internet browsers): Edge 12+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Mac (Internet browsers): Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers, a microphone and webcam (required for Zoom or Microsoft Teams usage and for examination)