“4 Day ISO 22000:2018 Lead Auditor” is an Exemplar Global certified and competency-based four day course that focuses on the role of an auditor in leading teams for an audit of a management system using ISO 19011:2018 Standard Guidelines to evaluate the level of conformance of organizational FSMS processes against the requirements of the ISO 22000:2018 Standard. The course builds upon the knowledge gained from “3 day Internal Auditor” course and augments the understanding and intent of guidelines of the ISO 19011:2018 Standard related to leading audit teams. It explains the roles, responsibilities, functions and accountabilities of a lead auditor – from audit initiation stage through the audit follow-up stage – with the use of real life case studies applicable to various business and industry sectors. The auditing approach can be applied for leading internal audits, supplier audits, customer-initiated audits and accreditation/certification audits. This course covers competencies FS (2 day food safety management requirements), AU (1 day auditing) and TL (1 day Team Lead), which can be taken consecutively or simultaneously.
Please refer to the learning objectives defined in “ISO 22000:2018 Requirements” 2 day course and the “3 day Internal Auditor” course that covers FS and AU modules plus the following:
- Understand how to establish audit objectives/scope and criteria in various business/industry sectors;
- Understand the formation of an audit team based on competence, independence and applicable legal requirements;
- Select applicable audit methods – including on-site and remote;
- Understand how to develop an individual/overall risk-based audit plan/schedule;
- Understand and lead communications with the audit team throughout the audit;
- Learn the purpose, value and methodology of leading effective opening and closing meetings;
- Understand organizing and directing team members for effective and efficient audit outcomes against schedule, criteria and objectives; Understand how to lead teams to reach consensus on audit findings;
- Understand the preparation and completion of an audit report that is completely objective;
- Understand the process of leading follow-ups aimed at findings of non-conformance that could include corrective action requests, OFI, verification of actions or security of information; and,
- Understand the compliance with various applicable regulations, legal requirements and industry codes of practice in relation to management system conformance
Participants receive a package that consists of ISO 9001:2015 Standard-related interpretation materials, process models for each sub-clause, relevant auditing scenarios, practical case studies and other value-added supporting materials.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Anyone entering an environmental management-related career
- Food Safety Managers, Coordinators and Consultants
- Senior Management personnel who direct and control organizations
- Human Resources/Training professionals
- Engineers, technicians and technologists
- Supervisors, Foremen and Lead Hands
- Laboratory, Testing and Inspection professionals
- Reliability and Statisticians
- Anyone seeking advanced knowledge of the ISO 22000:2018 Standard
- Auditors seeking accreditation to become external auditors employed by FSMS registrars
- Internal auditors seeking to advance knowledge of ISO 22000 Standard requirements
A preliminary knowledge of ISO 22000:2018 standard is highly recommended to individuals prior to taking this course. This could be achieved by reviewing the ISO 22000:2018 independently or by taking Jack Sekhon & Associates Inc.`s “Introduction to ISO 22000:2018” course.
Participant competencies are evaluated using value-driven with combination of multiple questions, short/long answer questions, scenarios and examinations on Days 2, 3 and 4. Participants who successfully demonstrate competence during this course will receive a Certificate of Attainment covering the following Exemplar Global knowledge competency units:
- Exemplar Global – FS: Food Safety Management Systems
- Exemplar Global – AU: Management Systems Auditing
- Exemplar Global – TL: Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
Participants not deemed competent are issued Certificates of Attendance and provided the opportunity to retake the mandatory competencies previously missed.
- This is an instructor led course where instructor covers a bulk of course via zoom interaction using a adobe course slides and exercises.
- A student manual is provided which can be either downloaded or printed by students at the beginning of the course for taking notes during the class.
- It is of vital importance that all students follow the instructor using adobe slides because the slides are the best source for understanding the interpretation of the ISO standards.
- The course is made up of various lessons. Each lesson is made up of various sub-clauses. Each sub-clause must be clicked for access before proceeding to next lesson.
- Every effort will be made during the class that each student is capable of completing the exercises within a lesson before moving on to the next lesson
- The student`s responses to exercises will be saved by the system and made available to each student during the examination for reference.
- A computer running windows 8 or windows 10 or macOS X with macOS 10.9 or later.
- Windows (Internet browsers): Edge 12+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Mac (Internet browsers): Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers, a microphone and webcam (required for Zoom or Microsoft Teams usage and for examination)