This “HACCP PRPs” is a competency-based 2-day Exemplar Global certified online instructor-led training program under RTP arrangement that
covers the interpretation and application of Prerequisite Programs which are pivotal and form the foundation of HACCP in terms of
preventing/reducing food safety hazards trigged by hygienic environment.. In addition, the PRPs pave the way for Standard Operating
Procedures (SOPs/GMPs) systematic, disciplined and integrated approach of preventing cross-contamination among all of the Prerequisite
Programs PRPs. The course empowers participants with the understanding of structure and detailed understanding of requirements for various
PRPs in accordance with Section 3.1 of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency Food Safety Enhancement Program (CFIA-FSEP) Manual as well
as requirements of ISO 22002-1 “Prerequisite programmes on food safety –food manufacturing “ through practical and user-friendly case
studies. This course is a prerequisite for HACCP related courses and will provide a solid framework for developing, implementing, verifying and
maintaining a HACCP plan.
- Understand the purpose for Prerequisite Programs in the food industry.
- Comprehend the role of each Prerequisite Program by providing rationale as well as pros and cons in terms of cross-contamination prevention:
- Introduction to Prerequisite Programs, SOPs, & Work Instructions
- Transportation, Purchasing/Receiving/Shipping, & Storage Prerequisite Program
- Equipment Prerequisite Program
- Personnel Training Programs
- Premises Prerequisite Program
- Sanitation & Pest Control Prerequisite Program
- Prerequisite Program Verification & Maintenance
- Recall Prerequisite Program
- Rework Prerequisite Program
- Product Information/consumer awareness Prerequisite Program
- Food defense, biovigilance and bioterrorism Prerequisite Program
- Operational PRPs (OPRPs)
- Monitoring, Deviation/Corrective Action and Verification of PRPs
- Grasp the role of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions in implementing Prerequisite Programs in terms of effectiveness and efficiency.
- Comprehend and execute FSEP Prerequisite Program criteria to SOP development to ensure effectiveness and prevention of cross contamination.
- Develop SOPs and Work Instructions for Prerequisite Programs based on scenario at your workplace.
- Design a SOP for Prerequisite Program verification to ensure criteria and its application are valid, appropriate and effective.
- Design an overall plan to develop, implement, or maintain Prerequisite Programs in the workplace with reference to SOPs, monitoring, deviation and verification.
Participants receive a package that consists of interpretation of HACCP Prerequisite Program related materials supported by process approach examples, scenarios and case studies and other value-added reference materials.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Personnel in organizations that are directly or indirectly involved include, but are not limited to, feed producers, animal food producers, harvesters of wild plants and animals, farmers, producers of ingredients, food manufacturers, retailers, and organizations providing food services, catering services, cleaning and sanitation services, transportation, storage and distribution services, suppliers of equipment, cleaning and disinfectants, packaging materials and other food contact materials.
- Anyone entering a FS management-related career
- FS Managers, Coordinators and Consultants
- Senior Management personnel who direct and control organizations
- Laboratory, Testing and Inspection professionals
- Anyone seeking to fulfil prerequisite requirements for HACCP, HACCP Auditing and ISO 22000-2018 Standard Requirements.
- Auditors seeking accreditation to become HACCP auditors
Participants who successfully demonstrate competence during this course will receive a Certificate of Attainment covering the following Exemplar Global knowledge competency units:
• Exemplar Global – HACCP Prerequisites program
Participants not deemed competent are issued Certificates of Attendance and provided the opportunity to retake the mandatory competencies previously missed.
Why Train with Jack Sekhon & Associates Inc.?
Jack Sekhon, course instructor, holds, is a member of or has the following experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer P. Eng
- Member of the Fellow Engineers Canada F.E.C.
- Canadian Certified HACCP Professional CCHP
- Certified Health & Safety Consultant CHSC
- Certified HACCP Professional
- First Class Power Engineer
- RABQSA QMS/EMS/OHSMS Lead Auditor
- Former BSI QMS/EMS/OHSMS Lead Auditor
- Former QMI/SAI Global QMS/EMS/ OHSMS Lead Auditor
- Former CSA QMS/EMS/OHSMS Trainer
- Former BSI QMS/EMS/OHSMS Trainer
- Qualified Six Sigma/Lean Practitioner
- 25 years of experience in QMS/EMS/OHSMS consulting
- 15 years of experience in OHS and environmental compliance evaluation
- 5 years of consulting experience in ISO 17025, ISO 13485, ISO 22000