ISO 9001:2015 QMS Certification, Assessment & Improvement
Jack Sekhon and Associates prepares your organization for ISO 9001:2015 QMS certification project, provides ISO 9001:2015 QMS On-demand consulting, ISO 9001;2015 QMS on-demand audit management and ISO 9001:2015 Fractional contract consulting.
How does ISO 9001:2015 Certification work for organizations?
Organizations get certified to ISO 9001:2015 Standard to demonstrate that they can consistently meet customer requirements and statutory/regulatory requirements applicable to products and services. After being certified to ISO 9001:2015, an organization assures its customers that it has a QMS in place and is held accountable for conforming with ISO 9001:2015 QMS by respective Registrars.
During certification process, externa Registrar ensures that the organization`s policies, procedures and supporting documentation conforms to requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Standard requirements. Certification to ISO 9001:2015 Standard requirements leads to disciplined and structured approach in getting the job done `right` the first time.
An effective and efficient ISO 9001:2015 QMS leads to due-diligence, customer satisfaction, stakeholder perception enhancement, cost reduction, quality improvement, process improvement and overall organizational performance excellence.
How to become ISO 9001:2015 Certified as an Organization?
Jack Sekhon and Associates assists organizations in getting ISO 9001:2015 certification from concept through ISO 9001:2015 certificate in a practical, sequential and easily understood language. This assistance could be face to face or virtual online. Here are some of the key steps required for ISO 9001:2015 certification:
- Gap analysis of existing quality practices vs ISO 9001:2015 Standard requirements.
- Understanding of process approach and risk-based thinking.
- Identification of documented information.
- Developing documented information -QMS on paper.
- Implementing QMS-Rolling it out.
- Performance evaluation of QMS.
- Stage 1 audit.
- Stage 2 audit.
- Continual improvement.
How can you proceed with it?
It is as easy as picking up the phone or send an email to open up the dialogue for your ISO 9001:2015 certification project with Jack Sekhon and Associates. Jack Sekhon P.Eng will personally receive/return your call in a timely manner and lay the framework for your ISO 9001:2015 certification project. Jack Sekhon and Associates has 36 step implementation plan for your ISO 9001:2015 certification project. Here are highlights of that 36 point implementation plan for ISO 9001:2015 certification project:
- Secure senior management commitment and leadership for ISO 9001 certification project
- Establish ISO 9001:2015 certification project scope i.e. complete certification, on-demand consulting/consultant role, on-demand audit management and fractional consulting on contract.
- Engage leadership and functional groups in process approach and risk based thinking concepts
- Lead senior management in establishing/acknowledging strategic direction
- Determine extent of documented information required by ISO 9001:2015 Standard and aligned with strategic planning.
- Develop documented information, train employees on QMS and roll it out.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of QMS through internal audit, KPIs and management review.
- Registrar conducts Stage 1 Audit.
- Registrar conducts Stage 2 Audit.
- Identify gaps and develop/implement continual improvement plan.
Why Choose Jack Sekhon and Associates for ISO 45001/9001/14001/22000/ 22031/HACPP Auditor Training or Courses or Certification
Jack Sekhon P. Eng is an educator/trainer, assessor/auditor, and business improvement/management system consultant, project/supplier/contractor management specialist and compliance evaluation professional focused on helping all size businesses expand their market share, boost profit margins, reduce preventable environmental, food safety and OHS incidents, reduce WCB premiums, reduce business interruptions in an emergency, and foster overall sustainable development through proven business improvement models and concepts/tools.
Jack Sekhon is a Registered Professional Engineer P. Eng in the Province of B.C. In addition, Jack is a Fellow of Engineers Canada FEC. Furthermore, he holds an interprovincial First-Class Power Engineers certificate. His qualifications also include passing a National Board of Boiler Inspectors examination. Jack is a certified Exemplar Global QMS/EMS/OHSMS Lead Auditor. Jack is extremely knowledgeable in Federal & British Columbia/Alberta/Saskatchewan/Manitoba/Ontario environmental and occupational health and safety statues and regulations. He is certified HACCP professional.
1. Courses Certified by Exemplar Global-TPECS.
2. Trainer with Professional Engineer`s background and diversified 25 years plus practical experience.
3. Superior Course content with Auditor Focus / real-life case Studies.
4. Course delivery in an easily understood language and not ISO JARGON.
5. Coaching when applying for auditor certification.
What benefits will ISO Quality Management System bring to my business?
Implementing a quality management system will help you assess the overall context of your organization to define who is affected by your work and what they expect from you. This will enable you to clearly state your objectives and identify new business opportunities.
- Put your customers first, making sure you consistently meet their needs and enhance their satisfaction. This can lead to more repeat custom, new clients, and increased business for your organization.
- Work in a more efficient way as all your processes will be aligned and understood by everyone in the business or organization. This increases productivity and efficiency, bringing internal costs down.
- Meet the necessary statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Expand into new markets, as some sectors and clients require ISO 9001 before doing business.
- Identify and address the risks associated with your organization.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out the answers to most asked questions.
Auditor Certification Organization certifies auditors/lead auditors based on completed ISO 9001:2015 certified auditor training, required QMS experience and auditing experience.
The Organization to be certified, the ISO 9001:2015 Consultant, if retained & the External Registrar.
ISO 9001;2015 QMS consultant can assist organizations in several ways:
- QMS certification project from beginning/scratch until achieving certification certificate including QMS documentation development, QMS training, QMS implementation, QMS effectiveness evaluation, assistance in stage 1 and stage 2 externa registrar audit and any follow-ups.
- QMS on demand specific development topic, implementation assistance or partial continual improvement.
- QMS fractional contract consulting (on a contract basis) such as: QMS Senior Management assistance-strategic plan, organizational risk assessment, QMS; Audit planning, conducting and reporting; Non-conformance resolution and corrective action implementation; Overall QMS oversight for continual improvement
- On demand audit management for internal audits, supplier audits, customer audits, products audits, project audits, external registrar audits, process audits and system audits
Mostly yes because of the following:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the ISO 9001:2015 Standard requirements due to their core work.
- knowledge of pitfalls during documentation development and ISO 9001:2015 QMS implementation.
- Trainer expertise in terms of ISO 9001:2015 Standard.
- Better exposure with and interaction with Registrar auditor during certification audits.
- Correction of gaps during audits at the last minute
The value-adding ISO 9001;2015 QMS will be based upon the following framework:
- Identification of processes at functional levels and application of process approach using a PDCA cycle.
- Establishing a practical and effective risk assessment model and its application at organizational and functional levels.
- Aligning the QMS, its objectives/KPIs with the strategic plan/objectives/targets of the organization
Whereas the fluffy QMS will practically be a copy and paste version of ISO 9001;2015 Standard with very little emphasis on understanding of process approach and risk-based thinking.
The ISO 9001:2015 consultant can speed up the registration process by:
- Rationally challenging the external registrar auditor on unjustified/unsupported findings raised by that registrar.
- Resolving minor findings or issues during the external registrar audit.
- Assist in developing corrective actions in response to findings so that external registrar accepts these the first time.
Cost of quality could be as high as up to 30% of revenues in poorly run organizations. Cost of quality in progressive and proactive organizations can be brought down to 3% of revenues. Consequently, there could be a potential for up to 27 % reduction in cost of quality. Cost of quality is comprised of cost of prevention, cost of surveillance, cost of failures and intangible cost. For more information contact Jack Sekhon and Associates.
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015, provides a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future. At its heart are the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which are an urgent call for action by all countries – developed and developing – in a global partnership. They recognize that ending poverty and other deprivations must go hand-in-hand with strategies that improve health and education, reduce inequality, and spur economic growth – all while tackling climate change and working to preserve our oceans and forests. For more information visit –
Five out of 17 UN SDGs directly align with the focus of ISO 9001. These are:
- no poverty.
- gender equality.
- industry innovations and infrastructure.
- responsible consumption and production.
- life below water.
Among the most important metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) for
manufacturing companies to track are:
- Overall equipment effectiveness (OEE)
- Yield, cost, and throughput.
- Customer rejects.
- Lead time to customer.
- Inventory turns.
- Maintenance metrics.