ISO 14001:2015 Auditor Certification
Jack Sekhon and Associates prepares you for ISO 14001:2015 Auditor Certification or ISO 14001:2015 Lead Auditor Certification through virtual online, on demand online and face to face ISO 14001 courses or ISO 14001 Training.
ISO 14001:2015 Auditor Certification
ISO 14001 Auditor Certification or ISO 14001 Lead Auditor certification requires completion of 36- hour course provided by a Certified ISO 14001 Training Provider and successful demonstration of OHSMS experience and auditing experience with Auditor Certifying Organization such as Exemplar Global or Individual OHSMS Registrar. Jack Sekhon and Associates is ISO 14001 OHSMS Training/Course Provider certified by Exemplar Global under TPECS scheme.
Getting ISO 14001 Internal Auditor Certification or ISO 14001 Lead Auditor certification Canada or other geographical region empowers you with skillsets for ISO 14001 Management System excellence and robust company performance. You can either work as an ISO 14001 internal auditor for your organization or as ISO 14001 external auditor for a Registrar. Irrespective of internal/external auditor option, ISO 14001 certified auditors earn attractive compensation for their work. In addition, they earn higher potential for promotion being instrumental to on-going growth, due-diligence and efficiencies for the organization as an ISO 14001 auditor or ISO 14001 Lead Auditor.
Becoming ISO 14001:2015 Certified Auditor
To become ISO 14001 certified internal auditor/lead auditor requires completion of 36- hour course provided by a Certified ISO 14001 Training/Online Training/course Provider and successful demonstration of EMS experience and auditing experience with Auditor Certifying Organization such as Exemplar Global or Individual EMS Registrar. Here are the successive steps to become ISO 14001 certified Auditor/Lead Auditor:
- Complete ISO 14001 Certified Auditor or ISO 14001 Certified Lead Auditor Course/Training-Jack Sekhon and Associates.
- Gain required minimum 5 years EMS experience.
- Gain required minimum ISO 14001:2015 auditing experience of 20 audit days for Auditor and additional 15 days as lead auditor for Lead Auditor application.
- Have your experience endorsed by your Supervisor/Manager.
- Apply to Auditor Certification body such as Exemplar Global
How can you proceed with it?
- Attend an ISO 14001:2015 Internal Auditor or ISO 14001 Lead Auditor Course and achieve ISO 14001:2015 Certificate of Attainment by scheduling Jack Sekhon and Associates course.
- Ensure you have a minimum of 5 years’ experience for EMS in some capacity.
- Conduct ISO 14001:2015 internal audits within your organization for minimum of 20 audit days for auditor certification.
- Conduct additional ISO 14001:2015 audits as a lead auditor for a minimum of 15 days.
- Download Auditor Certification Application from Exemplar Global and complete and submit the application to Exemplar Global
Why Choose Jack Sekhon and Associates for ISO 14001 Auditor Training or Courses or Certification
Jack Sekhon P. Eng is an educator/trainer, assessor/auditor, and business improvement/management system consultant, project/supplier/contractor management specialist and compliance evaluation professional focused on helping all size businesses expand their market share, boost profit margins, reduce preventable environmental, food safety and OHS incidents, reduce WCB premiums, reduce business interruptions in an emergency, and foster overall sustainable development through proven business improvement models and concepts/tools.
Jack Sekhon is a Registered Professional Engineer P. Eng in the Province of B.C. In addition, Jack is a Fellow of Engineers Canada FEC. Furthermore, he holds an interprovincial First-Class Power Engineers certificate. His qualifications also include passing a National Board of Boiler Inspectors examination. Jack is a certified Exemplar Global QMS/EMS/OHSMS Lead Auditor. Jack is extremely knowledgeable in Federal & British Columbia/Alberta/Saskatchewan/Manitoba/Ontario environmental and occupational health and safety statues and regulations. He is certified HACCP professional.
1. Courses Certified by Exemplar Global-TPECS.
2. Trainer with Professional Engineer`s background and diversified 25 years plus practical experience.
3. Superior Course content with Auditor Focus / real-life case Studies.
4. Course delivery in an easily understood language and not ISO JARGON.
5. Coaching when applying for auditor certification.
Frequently Asked Questions
ISO 14001 internal audits are conducted to check the environmental management status of your workplace. ISO 14001 internal audit is a powerful tool to trigger process improvements within your organization and consequently drive business performance of your organization.
- Knowledge of audit criteria i.e., ISO 14001 Standard, organizational EMS
- Auditor`s people skills
- Knowledge of process approach and risk based thinking
- Understanding of organizational context
- Knowledge of industry and relevant compliance obligations
Auditor Certification Organization certifies auditors/lead auditors based on completed ISO 14001 certified auditor training/course, required EMS experience and auditing experience.
In addition to auditor certification, people skills combined with verbal and written communication skills distinguish an effective and efficient auditor from other auditors.
Auditors get to know various processes and risk assessment models related to diversified business sectors. This acquired knowledge and experience sets the roadmap for being independent ISO 14001;2015 consultants and for earning attractive compensation as self-employed business owners. On the contrary while being an employee, the auditing experience in driving continual improvement could trigger their promotion to Director/Vice President.
Today`s auditing approach consists of applying process approach combined with risk-based thinking. What this means is using functional processes/departments as mega processes supported by relevant clauses of ISO 14001;2015 Standard. The past approach was to audit by ISO 14001:2015 Standard clauses which was not practical and effective in terms of processes.
Remote audits are conducted when an organization performs work or provides a service using an online environment irrespective of physical locations to execute processes. Practically all audits during COVID period were performed remotely. It is anticipated all future audits will be hybrid audits, a combination of on-site and remote audits.
Auditors collect information based on review of ISO 14001:2015 EMS documents /records, observations of work environment/equipment/ infrastructure and interviews with personnel from various functions. When the information from these sources is verifiable against each other, the verified information becomes objective evidence. The objective evidence is compared against the organization’s EMS and ISO 14001:2015 Standard requirements. Any identified gaps are classified as Major NCR, Minor NCR or OFI.
The auditor must be able to put the auditee at comfort and ease during the beginning of the interview. This is done by asking open-ended questions in a nonintimidating and non-threatening manner and by being with the auditee in terms of attention, empathy, consideration and non-judgmental. The point is to win over the auditee as a human being by using acquired people skills. Once the auditor has achieved this, then the auditee will volunteer lots of information that will lead to successful and effective interview as well as objective evidence. The interview process must be a WIN/WIN for the auditee and the auditor.
Auditing could be mentally exhausting because your brain is dealing with new changing processes/topics every 30 minutes. If you are passionate about auditing as value-added to an organization, IT COULD BE LOT OF FUN AS YOU FEEL LIKE MAKING A HUGE DIFFERENCE TO AN ORGANIZATION.