ISO 9001 Auditor Certification in Canada
Jack Sekhon and Associates prepares you for ISO 9001 Auditor Certification in Canada or ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Certification.
The training is available through virtual online sessions, on-demand online courses, and face-to-face sessions.
ISO 9001 Auditor Certification in Canada
ISO 9001 Auditor Certification or ISO 9001 Lead Auditor certification requires completion of 36- hour course provided by a Certified ISO 9001:2015 Training Provider and successful demonstration of QMS experience and auditing experience with Auditor Certifying Organization such as Exemplar Global or Individual QMS Registrar. Jack Sekhon and Associates is ISO 9001:2015 QMS Training Provider certified by Exemplar Global under TPECS scheme.
Getting ISO 9001 Auditor/Lead Auditor certification empowers you with skillsets for ISO 9001:2015 Management System excellence and robust company performance. You can either work as an ISO 9001 internal auditor for your organization or as ISO 9001 external auditor for a Registrar. Irrespective of internal/external auditor option, ISO 9001 certified auditors earn attractive compensation for their work. In addition, they earn higher potential for promotion being instrumental to on-going growth, due-diligence and efficiencies for the organization as an ISO 9001 Auditor/Lead Auditor.
ISO 9001 Auditor Certification process
Here are the successive steps to become ISO 9001:2015 certified Auditor/Lead Auditor:
- Complete ISO 9001 Certified Auditor or ISO 9001 Certified Lead Auditor Course/Training.
- Gain required minimum 5 years QMS experience.
- Gain required minimum ISO 9001:2015 auditing experience of 20 audit days for Auditor and additional 15 days as lead auditor for Lead Auditor application.
- Have your experience endorsed by your Supervisor/Manager.
- Apply to Auditor Certification body such as Exemplar Global.
Looking to get certified as an Auditor? We offer online training courses!
Why Choose JSA for ISO 9001 Auditor Certification in Canada?
Jack Sekhon is a Registered Professional Engineer P. Eng in the Province of B.C. In addition, Jack is a Fellow of Engineers Canada FEC. Furthermore, he holds an interprovincial First-Class Power Engineers certificate. His qualifications also include passing a National Board of Boiler Inspectors examination. Jack is a certified Exemplar Global QMS/EMS/OHSMS Lead Auditor. Jack is extremely knowledgeable in Federal & British Columbia/Alberta/Saskatchewan/Manitoba/Ontario environmental and occupational health and safety statues and regulations. He is certified HACCP professional.
1. Courses Certified by Exemplar Global-TPECS.
2. Trainer with Professional Engineer`s background and diversified 25 years plus practical experience.
3. Superior Course content with Auditor Focus / real-life case Studies.
4. Course delivery in an easily understood language and not ISO JARGON.
5. Coaching when applying for auditor certification.
How to get started?
Benefits of Auditor Certification in Canada
- Auditors get to know various processes and risk assessment models related to diversified business sectors. This acquired knowledge and experience sets the roadmap for being independent ISO 9001:2015 consultants and for earning attractive compensation as self-employed business owners.
- On the contrary while being an employee, the auditing experience in driving continual improvement could trigger their promotion to Director/Vice President. In addition, certified auditors can add further value to the society by being a part of Standards development and reviews to further enhance societal and sustainable development.
- Furthermore, certified auditors can become trainers after attaining necessary educational upgrading, experience and enhanced skill sets. Certified auditors can also become technical experts in various subject matters and serve the society and businesses in terms of expert opinions.
Consult JSA today to get started!
Frequently Asked Questions
Auditors get to know various processes and risk assessment models related to diversified business sectors. This acquired knowledge and experience sets the roadmap for being independent ISO 9001:2015 consultants and for earning attractive compensation as self-employed business owners. On the contrary while being an employee, the auditing experience in driving continual improvement could trigger their promotion to Director/Vice President.
Auditors collect information based on review of ISO 9001:2015 QMS documents/records, observations of work environment/equipment/infrastructure and interviews with personnel from various functions. When the information from these sources is verifiable against each other, the verified information becomes objective evidence. The objective evidence is compared against the organization’s QMS and ISO 9001:2015 Standard requirements. Any identified gaps are classified as Major NCR, Minor NCR or OFI.
The auditor must be able to put the auditee at comfort and ease during the beginning of the interview. This is done by asking open-ended questions in a non-intimidating and non-threatening manner and by being with the auditee in terms of attention, empathy, consideration and non-judgmental. The point is to win over the auditee as a human being by using acquired people skills. Once the auditor has achieved this, then the auditee will volunteer lots of information that will lead to successful and effective interview as well as objective evidence. The interview process must be a WIN/WIN for the auditee and the auditor.
ISO 9001 audit checklist prepares auditors with the interpretation of ISO requirements for a given clause/subclause so that the auditor can ask the right questions, look at relevant documents and collect appropriate evidence in terms of records.
- Interpretation of ISO requirements for every subclause.
- Documents to be looked at.
- Observations to make.
- Records to be collected.
An effective audit plan must be based on functional processes supported by relevant ISO 9001 subclauses. In addition, the flow of audit plan and amount of time to be spent on functional departments must be risk based.
ISO 9001 Resources
- What is Quality Management Systems? – An easy guide to a Quality Management System – definition of QMS, its benefits, purpose, past of quality and more.
- Core elements of Quality Management System – Learn about the 10 clauses of a Quality Management System in detail.
- ISO 9001:2015 standard – Learn about it’s principles, how the structure has changed, risk based thinking and more.