now-TransCanada Energy (Natural gas, oil and power-generation) - QMS/EMS/OHSMS Quality Guru Role
Jack Sekhon and Associates assisted Trans-Canada Pipelines in guiding/overseeing quality/environmental/OHS system requirements for construction management firms (CMFs) responsible for construction of $2 billion project related to 3 pipeline spreads (Saskatchewan, Dryden (Ont.) and Ottawa (Ont.) throughout Canada including compressor stations.
Highlights of $ 2 billion pipeline construction/compressor stations project:
- Conducted a gap analysis of CMFs QMS/EMS against ISO 9001 and ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001 Standards.
- Established quality management and environmental management system expectations from CMFs. The expectations included plans, procedures, checklists, forms and records. Specifically plans included environmental plan, quality plan, material handling/control plan, safety plan, construction management plan.
- Guided CMFs in developing/revising/reviewing their management systems (ISO 9001 or equivalent) documentations to meet specific Trans Canada expectations.
- Verified the implementation of CMFs management systems by auditing them at 33%, 66% and 100% construction completion stages by using pre-developed project specific checklists.
- Assisted Trans-Canada Procurement department in evaluating quotations on compressor station packages from quality criteria standpoint. Verified quality of engineering discipline drawings and vendor drawings issued for pipeline construction.
- Monitored, audited and evaluated the quality/environmental/OHS practices of prime contractors and sub-contractors.
- Reviewed Trans Canada/Nova pipeline engineering quality management practices to consolidate into one package.
- Led and managed the nonconformance reporting/resolution process for pipeline engineering and construction.
- At the conclusion of the project, proposed a working model for pipeline engineering/construction for ISO 9001/14001/OHSMS management system.
Check Out More Case Studies
Centerra Mount Mulligan Mine
Jack Sekhon and Associates assisted Centerra Mount Mulligan Mine in achieving new mine operating license from regulators regarding EHSMS. Read Full Case Study.
SUNCOR (extraction, production and provision of energy). Jack Sekhon and Associates assisted Suncor Energy in determining the top 10 high risk OHS processes within their operations. Read Full Case Study.