ISO 9001 Certification in Canada
JSA prepares your organization for ISO 9001 certification project, provides on-demand consulting, on-demand audit management and fractional contract consulting.
ISO 9001 Certification in Canada
Organizations get certified to ISO 9001:2015 Standard to demonstrate that they can consistently meet customer requirements and statutory/regulatory requirements applicable to products and services. After gaining ISO 9001 certification in Canada, an organization assures its customers that it has a QMS in place and is held accountable for conforming with ISO 9001:2015 QMS by respective Registrars.
During certification process, external Registrar ensures that the organization’s policies, procedures and supporting documentation conforms to requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Standard requirements. Certification to ISO 9001:2015 Standard requirements leads to disciplined and structured approach in getting the job done `right` the first time.
An effective and efficient ISO 9001:2015 QMS leads to due-diligence, customer satisfaction, stakeholder perception enhancement, cost reduction, quality improvement, process improvement and overall organizational performance excellence.
ISO 9001 Certification Process
Jack Sekhon and Associates assists organizations in getting ISO 9001 certification from concept through ISO 9001:2015 certificate in a practical, sequential and easily understood language. This assistance could be face to face or virtual online. Here are some of the key steps required for ISO 9001 certification in Canada:
- Gap analysis of existing quality practices vs ISO 9001:2015 Standard requirements.
- Understanding of process approach and risk-based thinking.
- Identification of documented information.
- Developing documented information -QMS on paper.
- Implementing QMS-Rolling it out.
- Performance evaluation of QMS.
- Stage 1 audit.
- Stage 2 audit.
- Continual improvement.
Looking to certify your organization's QMS?
Contact JSA Inc. for questions related to your company’s QMS certification. Our proven and successful strategies can help you achieve ISO 9001 certification in Canada without any delays and hassles. Hire JSA for ISO 9001 certification project!
Requirements for ISO 9001 Certification in Canada
To achieve ISO 9001 certification, an organization must complete several steps that include:
- They must establish documentation and records required by ISO 9001:2015 Standard. These documents include documents/records required directly by ISO 9001:2015 Standard as well as documents/records determined by the organization based on risks to the organization.
- They must effectively implement the established documents especially at the working/employee level and retain records to demonstrate the implementation.
- They must conduct internal audits and management reviews and address the issues arising from internal audit and management review.
- They must successfully pass stage 1 audit conducted by an external certification body or the registrar.
- They must successfully pass stage 2 audit conducted by an external certification body or the registrar.
- Lastly, they must receive a certificate of registration from the registrar.
Implementing ISO 9001 Certification in Canada
- Secure senior management commitment and leadership for ISO 9001 certification project
- Establish ISO 9001 certification project scope i.e. complete certification, on-demand consulting/consultant role, on-demand audit management and fractional consulting on contract.
- Engage leadership and functional groups in process approach and risk based thinking concepts
- Lead senior management in establishing/acknowledging strategic direction
- Determine extent of documented information required by ISO 9001:2015 Standard and aligned with strategic planning.
- Develop documented information, train employees on QMS and roll it out.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of QMS through internal audit, KPIs and management review.
- Registrar conducts Stage 1 Audit.
- Registrar conducts Stage 2 Audit.
- Identify gaps and develop/implement continual improvement plan.
Benefits of ISO 9001 Certification in Canada
Implementing a quality management system will help you assess the overall context of your organization to define who is affected by your work and what they expect from you. This will enable you to clearly state your objectives and identify new business opportunities.
- Put your customers first, making sure you consistently meet their needs and enhance their satisfaction. This can lead to more repeat custom, new clients, and increased business for your organization.
- Work in a more efficient way as all your processes will be aligned and understood by everyone in the business or organization. This increases productivity and efficiency, bringing internal costs down.
- Meet the necessary statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Expand into new markets, as some sectors and clients require ISO 9001 certification before doing business.
- Identify and address the risks associated with your organization.
Why Choose JSA for ISO 9001 Certification in Canada?
Jack Sekhon is a Registered Professional Engineer P. Eng in the Province of B.C. In addition, Jack is a Fellow of Engineers Canada FEC. Furthermore, he holds an interprovincial First-Class Power Engineers certificate. His qualifications also include passing a National Board of Boiler Inspectors examination. Jack is a certified Exemplar Global QMS/EMS/OHSMS Lead Auditor. Jack is extremely knowledgeable in Federal & British Columbia/Alberta/Saskatchewan/Manitoba/Ontario environmental and occupational health and safety statutes and regulations. He is a certified HACCP professional. Read more about Jack.
1. Courses Certified by Exemplar Global-TPECS.
2. Trainer with Professional Engineer`s background and diversified 25 years plus practical experience.
3. Superior Course content with Auditor Focus/real-life case Studies.
4. Course delivery in an easily understood language and not ISO JARGON.
5. Coaching when applying for auditor certification.
Looking to get certified? We offer online training courses!
Frequently Asked Questions
Mostly yes because of the following:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the ISO 9001:2015 Standard requirements due to their core work.
- knowledge of pitfalls during documentation development and ISO 9001:2015 QMS implementation.
- Trainer expertise in terms of ISO 9001:2015 Standard.
- Better exposure with and interaction with Registrar auditor during certification audits.
- Correction of gaps during audits at the last minute
Only a company or organization is eligible for ISO 9001 certification. Any SME or large organization can apply for ISO 9001 certification. Even if you run a small business, you can benefit from implementing the ISO 9001 quality standard. It will help you drive down costs, improve productivity and increase customer satisfaction. Gaining ISO 9001 certification will demonstrate the quality of your processes and your commitment to continual improvement.
However, there are a few certifications available for individuals. The certification allows you to become a Lead Auditor, or an Auditor.
ISO 9001:2015 QMS consultant can assist organizations in several ways:
- ISO 9001 certification project from beginning/scratch until achieving certification certificate including QMS documentation development, QMS training, QMS implementation, QMS effectiveness evaluation, assistance in stage 1 and stage 2 external registrar audit and any follow-ups.
- QMS on demand specific development topic, implementation assistance or partial continual improvement.
- QMS fractional contract consulting (on a contract basis) such as: QMS Senior Management assistance-strategic plan, organizational risk assessment, QMS; Audit planning, conducting and reporting; Non-conformance resolution and corrective action implementation; Overall QMS oversight for continual improvement.
- On demand audit management for internal audits, supplier audits, customer audits, products audits, project audits, external registrar audits, process audits and system audits.
The value-adding ISO 9001:2015 QMS will be based upon the following framework:
- Identification of processes at functional levels and application of process approach using a PDCA cycle.
- Establishing a practical and effective risk assessment model and its application at organizational and functional levels.
- Aligning the QMS, its objectives/KPIs with the strategic plan/objectives/targets of the organization.
Whereas the fluffy QMS will practically be a copy and paste version of ISO 9001:2015 Standard with very little emphasis on understanding of process approach and risk-based thinking.
The ISO 9001:2015 consultant can speed up the registration process by:
- Rationally challenging the external registrar auditor on unjustified/unsupported findings raised by that registrar.
- Resolving minor findings or issues during the external registrar audit.
- Assist in developing corrective actions in response to findings so that external registrar accepts these the first time.
Cost of quality could be as high as up to 30% of revenues in poorly run organizations. Cost of quality in progressive and proactive organizations can be brought down to 3% of revenues. Consequently, there could be a potential for up to 27 % reduction in cost of quality. Cost of quality is comprised of cost of prevention, cost of surveillance, cost of failures and intangible cost. For more information contact Jack Sekhon and Associates.
Five out of 17 UN SDGs directly align with the focus of ISO 9001. These are:
- no poverty.
- gender equality.
- industry innovations and infrastructure.
- responsible consumption and production.
- life below water.
Among the most important metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) for manufacturing companies to track are:
- Overall equipment effectiveness (OEE)
- Yield, cost, and throughput.
- Customer rejects.
- Lead time to customer.
- Inventory turns.
- Maintenance metrics.
ISO 9001 Resources
- What is Quality Management Systems? – An easy guide to a Quality Management System – definition of QMS, its benefits, purpose, past of quality and more.
- Core elements of Quality Management System – Learn about the 10 clauses of a Quality Management System in detail.
- ISO 9001:2015 standard – Learn about it’s principles, how the structure has changed, risk based thinking and more.